Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Troy AND Rihanna!

The thought struck me last last week that Sunday would be a celebration not only for Troy, but also for Rihanna, as this would be the first Father's Day that she would have a father to celebrate!  How neat!!  I was warmed all day long Sunday by that thought, and I kept thinking of Psalm 68 and Psalm 146 which talk about how God is the kind of God who sees and takes care of the fatherless.  And sometimes He gives them a father!  Yay God!
All is well here in the Burwell home, and getting better every week as we continue to adjust.  Rihanna is developing in her speaking, sharing, dealing with conflict, and showing respect.  Don't get me wrong...there is a long way to go...but she is progressing for sure. And mommy is progressing in learning to do HER HAIR!  My friend Pamela Stringfield came over last week with hair products and talked me through the best way to wash, condition, comb, and style Rihanna's hair.  (Thank you Pamela!)  I keep telling Ri, "Mommy is going to learn how to do your hair really pretty...I promise!"  So, I am practicing now....for her sake, I hope I will prove to be a quick learner.